Friday, February 1, 2013

RumBelle Makeup

Hello dearies! This post is for those of you as crazy as I am about the blossoming romance between Rumplestiltskin and Belle on ABC’s hit TV series, Once Upon a Time. Get ready to bring a little OUAT magic to your life with my RumBelle inspired day-to-night makeup look.

While watching the show, I was captivated by sweet, subdued eye makeup Emilie de Ravin wore when she portrayed Belle. Her soft, neutral-toned makeup matches her refreshing, collected demeanor on the show.

Emilie de Ravin as Belle (tumblr.com)
Similar to the collision between Belle’s approachable behavior and Rumple’s sinister nature, de Ravin’s makeup look contrasted with the heavily gilded look of Robert Carlyle’s makeup.

Robert Carlyle as Rumple (www.empowernetwork.com)
Rumplestiltskin’s gold-flecked skin and glowing eyes perfectly coincide with his dramatic mannerisms and haunting personality. Despite this dark description, Rumple remains one of the favorite characters among OUAT fans who know that beneath the beast, lies a lonely man.

Falling in love...literally
I thought it would be best to use Belle for the daytime look. Her makeup on the show is very natural looking, but the simplicity of it is gorgeous. For my Belle look, I used all earth-toned colors from the Smashbox Master Class Palette.

Smashbox Master Class
After priming my eyelids, I applied Cinnamon Toast,a shimmery tan color, onto the middle of my lid. Then I applied a taupe hue called Sable on the crease of my eyelid. For the brow bone and inner corner of my eyes, I used, Butter, an off-white shade to highlight my eyes and make them appear more open. Next, I applied Flirt, a sparkling beige color, all over my lid to blend the colors into one another.


Neutrals from Smashbox
I finished the look with a thin line of mocha-colored gel eyeliner above my top row of lashes, just enough to make them look fuller. I applied mascara last, using an upward sweeping movement, so the ends wouldn't flare out. The end product was a very clean makeup look that is perfect for daytime.


Day-Belle
Rumple’s love of gold made it perfect to do a flashy nighttime look. I used the same structure I used for the Belle eye, but I used darker colors and winged out my eyeliner for added drama. For the Rumplestiltskin look, I used the Too Faced the Return of Sexy palette.

Too Faced the Return of Sexy
I used New in Town, a glittery gold color, for the middle of my lid. Then I applied Too Faced Innocent, a rusty gold, on the inner crease, working my way out to Casting Couch, a smoky brown, on my outer crease.To highlight my brow bone and inner corner of my eye, I used Naïve, a candlelight gold shade.

Golds for Rumple
The most dramatic part of the look is the eyeliner.I used a black gel eyeliner to get a crisp line surrounding my eye. I pointed the eyeliner around my tear duct and slowly winged it out on the ends. I applied my mascara at an angle, so my lashed would wing out with the eyeliner, but a nice pair of false eyelashes would really take the look to the next level.


Night-Rumple
I "twooly" hope you enjoy the RumBelle day-to-night eye makeup looks!

1 comment:

  1. I love both of them so much (but especially the Rumplestiltskin one)! I wish I had talent with make-up!

    ReplyDelete